We specialize in creating websites with clean, crisp design and usability.
Under The Hood
Plasticmind Design places a great deal of emphasis on standards compliance and accessibility, so you can be sure that your site will look right no matter who is visiting it and what browser they’re using. Any studying into the world of webdesign and you’ll quickly find out that what’s “under the hood” of your site greatly impacts search engine ranking, speed and bandwidth. Clean, efficient code might never be seen by your clients, but it will most certainly be experienced.
We also use Movable Type content management software to make updating and editing your website simple. For instance, we just finished a project for a training company that allows the the staff to easily and quickly make changes to the available class listing through a simple web interface. It is literally as simple and using a webmail client like Gmail. Just login, select the entry from a list, make the desired changes, and click save. Movable Type rebuilds the site with the appropriate data in the appropriate spots. It even has built in email notifications, RSS and Atom XML feeds, archiving and comments. In this way, large lists of information (for instance, a catalog, class list, job posts) can be managed simply and efficiently; and most importantly, once the site is set up, YOU have the ability to make those changes without needing to send them to a web design middleman.
How Do You Work?
Typically the process goes something like this:
- We talk about what you need and what you want to accomplish with your site.
- I draw up a proposal with several options and send it to you for approval.
- You choose an option and I draw up a contract and a draft of the site. (Upon approval of the draft and signing of the contract I ask for 50% down)
- Once you’ve approved a site design and a contract is signed, I complete the site (working with you along the way) to your specifications.
- Your clients are impressed and your staff is able to update your website easily.
And as I always say: A site that is easy to update is updated often, and a site that is updated often is visited often.
Finding Out More
The best way to get an idea of what we do is to see what we’ve done. You can view some of the sites we’ve done in our portfolio.
If you are interested in finding out more, please email us so we can talk a bit more about what Plasticmind Design can do for your site.